Monday, December 16, 2013

Sewing Curtains:)

 So, I finally bit the boring bullet ....to do some very boring sewing!!! I have been putting off making my happy curtains with the fabric I bought from Ikea....really dreading making them. The windows are 120 inches wide...and 8 feet tall. So, you see ...lots of straight boring lines...and a huge bundle of fabric fighting you the whole way...LOL!!!! Okay, enough of the whining...I did it!!! And I am VERY glad I did....because THEY ARE AWESOME!!!!!

                                                    putting the grommets in place
                                                          hemming the bottom
                                                                         hanging
TA-DA!!!! They look great!! ...and they are done, and I NEVER have to do them again...LOL!!!!
I used the hospital track you can buy at an upholstery store....by the time you have the track cut to size and get the parts to go with it...I spent 50 bucks.!!!! Amazing!!!  Trying to buy a curtain rod for a window this big ..will run you 600 or more...I know I looked!!! I love the hospital track...it attaches to the ceiling and your curtains just slide along!!!

Will post more pics soon. Trying to figure out how to upload video. So I can walk you through my studio:):) Have a great day!!

1 comment:

Marlynne said...

Good for you for sticking too it! They look outstanding! Can't wait to see the room in all is glory!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...