Thursday, April 19, 2012

Quilting In The Mountains!!!

I took my scrappy trip blocks to Emmanuel Pines in Prescott, AZ to a quilting retreat!! I got really busy and made these blocks turn into a topped quilt! Fun was had by all the Ladies in attendance. We had 30 women show up. And one special guest. I will show him to you last..... 

Ta-da!!! Here is my quilt top!!! I am very happy with it. I just need to make a back and layer it.

We had a visit from Mr. Frost too!! It snowed on us!! I went to bed with green all around me..and when I woke up and opened my door.....

Brrrrr!!! For me...from Florida my whole life....this is snow..a lot of snow :):) I know there are some of you laughing at me...cause you now real snow :):) But, this Florida girl was happy with this much. Now I will show you some of the awesomeness the ladies put together while we were all there for 3 days. Enjoy!!!

Here is Judi's Baskets!!

Laura's Pinwheels...from here on I will just give you photo's..I can't remember every ones names :):)







This itty bitty twist quilt is soooo cute!!




Judi was working on another basket quilt...they are 4 inch baskets....Can you say...."WOW"!!!

And the special guest I told you about....

Tim...he is a working dog who has been training for 2 years now. He will go to his forever home this summer. He was just to cute...it was very hard not to touch him :):)

WOSH... I had a great time with everyone. I made new friends and visited with the ones I knew already:):)

 Next time I post I will have some Karen Stone pictures...She is an awesome national Quilt Teacher. She is here for our AZ guild.

















9 comments:

The Nifty Stitcher said...

Great post Sandie - a fabulous display of quilts - every single one of them. Looks like you had a great time despite the snow!
Thank you for sharing :)

laurajane said...

Wow,stunning quilts,glad you had a great time.(wondered why you hadn't been here for a few days) hugs Laura.xxx

Lesley said...

Wow! Your quilt is amazing....and what a time you had! Thanks for the quilt show...it is always fun to see quilts! Nice to hear that you have now experienced a little snow!

Emma/The Log Cabin said...

Just popped over from Beck to Vintage and am glad I did. The quilts are beautiful xxx

Karen said...

Great post - what a fun time you must have had. And you will love Karen Stone. I took 2 workshops with her in Jan. and she is wonderful. Your quilt is beautiful!!

QuiltinMama said...

Wow, your quilt has ZING!!

Rosemary said...

Hey, Sandra Kaye! I just awarded you with a Liebster Blog Award! I will always remember you as my first follower and this is my way of thanking you! You're so nice and one of the funnest blogs around! Go to my blog and check it out! Congrats!
Love, Rosemary

Rosemary said...

Don't forget to check my blog and follow the directions for winning the Liebster Award!!

Auntie Em said...

Hi Sandra, Just popped over to visit your blog from the Knitting Quilter. Love your colorful quilt and the lovelies you posted from your retreat.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...